Let me say this: These are not the only ways to monetize your website, but they will serve you well as good pointers to get you rolling.
Internet Marketing newbies and prospects will get great inspiration (so read on), but this post is particularly targeted to intermediate and experienced bloggers who are making any money from their blogs.
Full disclosure: Some links to products or services recommended in this article are affiliate links. When you buy via those links, I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you. I make every effort to recommend only products or services I use and which are working for me. If you feel like it, you can confidently buy or click on these links to learn more. I appreciate your support!
Back to work.
Before we delve into the details, let’s give a little bit of context, and understand what is blogging.
What is a blog?
According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a blog is :
A Web site that contains online personal reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also: the contents of such a site.
The concept of making money via blog is not old. And there are compelling reasons why you should think about it.
It was inspiring to me to read about this approach to blogging. Here is a small excerpt. I hope you like it as much as I do.
A blog doesn’t just have to be about sharing pretty things for free, day in and day out, with no financial reward for the effort poured into it. We all need to eat and pay rent. And most of us really do love blogging and feel a genuine passion for it first and foremost. Read more …
Now, let’s get to the core of our subject.
How to make money from a blog?
It is simple and straight forward. No need to over-complicate it.
I want to quickly say this: this is a great article that has received so far 34 comments and 203 shares.
She gave a fair warning that you probably are familiar with here in my other posts about Internet Marketing. Here is what she said:
Whatever your reason for wanting to make money online, you need to go into it with your eyes open. Earning a living online isn’t easy. It takes hard work, a lot of patience and plenty of determination. Read more …
3 ways that she cited to make money online are outlined below – not in any particular order.
As I mentioned, this is not something a newbie can do from the outset. You’ll need a certain level of experience, and authority, and this doesn’t come on day 1 or even after 30 days by some magic trick!
Way #1. Making Money Through Sponsored Posts.
This is possible when you or your blog become popular, after you have established yourself as a certain authority in your niche.
Way #2. Making Money By Selling Your Own Products.
Again, this is not the easiest way. But it’s not as difficult as you may think. Do you have a blog with multiple posts (20, 30, 50, or 100) of high quality content? Just grab your best reading contents, edit them with a few customizations, and organize them as an eBook. Easy to say, but…
How to write an eBook?
Don’t worry! It should cost you nothing or just a few bucks when you know what to do.
I am not a writer, so I am not going to mess around teaching you how to write an eBook when you can shop around the internet and learn more than enough to get you started.
However, If you are in the research mode, here are some resources you may find interesting:
- Successfullblogging.com. Sue Anne, mentioned earlier, seems to know her stuff, I would recommend checking out her website and signing for her list and seeing what she has to share. Not an affiliate link, I just happen to appreciate her style and signed up myself to her list.
- Register for my Free Internet Marketing Course (for beginners). I will give you a complete overview of what Internet Marketing is all about, along with one of the most long proven working ways to start an online business.
- Learn about Curation Power (from my mentor Charlie Page and what it can do for your blog. When it comes to blogging, we all know that you need to post regularly with fresh, quality content. This article you are reading uses Curation methods. Very effective. I will post a review of Curation Power very soon. Look out for it!
- Follow Up Selling System also from Charlie Page. The F.R.E.E.D.O.M Marketing Methods he teaches will help you create and automate your sale funnels, make sales and create passive income fast.
- Not an expert? Even if you are, you will find meaningful inspiration by using these great PLR contents for finance, health and wellness professionals – life coaches, therapists and doctors. With a little work and well spelled-out plan, you will have your next product ready in no time!
Hope you find these resources helpful. Now, let’s move on to the third way.
Way #3. Making Money By Selling Your Services
If and when you become an expert in your field, or have gained a lot of know-how in a field that is demand on the market, then selling your services could be your best way to make legit money online.
Many are successful offering online or offline consultancies; why shouldn’t you? Their blogs are the medium and the platform they use to easily attract, build, and serve their audience.
Here you have it! 3 effective tips you can use to make money from your blog using a more advanced approach.
Now over to you guys and gals! I’d like to hear your views.
Do you have a blog?
Do you make money from your blog?
Please share your best tricks, tips and methods below using the comment section so others can benefit.
To your success!